In an effort to maintain and improve the air quality in Central Texas, the Texas Department of Transportation implemented Vehicle Emissions testing in several Texas counties, including Travis and Williamson. This means that any passenger car, or light duty truck or SUV registered in a testing county, must have an annual vehicle inspection. This process checks defined safety items for all applicable vehicles, and expands the inspection process to check emission levels for 1981 and newer gasoline vehicles. The State of Texas publishes the inspection process on their website, as well as defining what will cause your vehicle to fail their testing protocol. Lamb’s Tire & Automotive is proud to offer our neighbors annual vehicle inspections, as well as meet the expectations of the Texas Department of Transportation on acceptable vehicle conditions. TxDOT website with more information http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/index.htm
Lamb’s Vehicle Inspection services:
- Licensed Vehicle Inspection stations.
- Recognized Emission Repair Facilities (RERF) for State of Texas.
- Accept State funded Repair vouchers.
- Provide OBDII and TSI testing for vehicles 1981 and newer.
- Provide State Safety stickers for non-emissions testing required vehicles.