Belts and Hoses
Belts may wear and break over time. A belt that becomes worn may slip or also become so slack that it may not function correctly. Hoses may glaze and split after long years of use or when exposed to harsh temperatures. A damaged hose pipe may lead to vital fluids dripping from your engine and may create damage to engine parts. To prevent some of the most usual causes of breakdown, see to it your belts and hoses are checked at routine intervals.
Why service is essential: Belts could wear and break over time. To stop some of the most common reasons of failure, make certain your belts and hoses are examined at regular intervals.
Automotive Belt Replacement in Austin, TX
Ask your mechanic concerning belts and hoses if you observe any sort of:
- Loss of power
- Squealing or grinding sound
- If you feel vibrations, ‘slips’ or ‘catching’
It is suggested to have belts and hoses checked every 3,000 miles or with every oil change. A belt and hose inspection checks for:
- Glazing, breaking, striping and softening of belts
- Proper tensioning
- Proper drive pulley alignment
- Holes and splits
- Hardening, splitting and softening of hoses
- A cooling system pressure test to help check for cracks
- Loose or worn clamps
Lamb’s Tire & Automotive gives thorough Automotive Belt Repair in Austin, TX
Call us today to arrange your next belt and hose replacement or other auto repair center service. Lamb’s Tire & Automotive is thrilled to be your number one auto repair center and provider of tires in Austin, TX.
Proudly Serving the Following Locations:
- South Lamar
- North Lamar
- Far West
- 290 West
- Bee Cave – 12221 FM 2244
- Bee Cave II – 11711 RR 2244
- San Marcos
- Cedar Park – 501 N Bell Blvd
- Cedar Park II – 2620 E Whitestone Blvd
- Brushy Creek – 15909 Great Oaks Dr
- Brushy Creek II – 16350 RR 620
- Four Points
- Lake Creek
Frequently Asked Questions
Correctly preserving and regular replacement of belts and hoses can save money and time over the life of your vehicle. Belts and hose pipes control important functions in your vehicle. To prevent some of the most typical causes of breakdown,make certain your belts and hoses are checked at regular periods. It is recommended to have them checked every 3,000 miles or with every oil change.
Throughout a belt assessment our professionals examine each belt for:
- Glazing, breaking, peeling and softening
- Correct tensioning
- Appropriate drive pulley alignment
Throughout a hose pipe inspection our professionals examine for:
- Leaks and fractures
- Hardening, splitting and softening
- A cooling system pressure examination to help inspect for holes loose or worn clamps
Ask your mechanic about belts and hoses if you observe any: Loss of power. Squealing or grinding sound. If you feel vibrations, ‘slips’ or ‘catching’.
Call any Lamb’s Tire location or stop in today for an assessment of your car belts and hoses.