Taking your vehicle to us each month can help make sure your vehicle is operating correctly and running smoothly. You can also raise the hood and not be intimidated by following a few simple recommendations for owner maintenance. A few minutes each month could save you money or repairs down the line.
- Check battery cables, clamps and terminals
- Check the following levels and add the recommended fluids as necessary:
- Oil level
- Engine coolant level
- Brake fluid level
- Power steering fluid level (if applicable)
- Transmission fluid
- Windshield washer fluid reservoir level
- Check belts for tension, cracks or wear.
- Check hoses for leaks, cracks or wear.
- Inspect the engine and under the car for any leaks.
- Check tire pressure on all tires, including the spare tire and inflate to manufacturers recommendations while cold.
- Inspect the tread depth. The tread should be at least as deep as the head of a penny. (At least 2/32″ remaining tread.)
- Inspect tires for uneven wear or any object that could cause a puncture.
Take 10 minutes and use our DIY Monthly Checklist to do your own quick visual car inspection and fluid levels check. A few minutes each month could save you a lot of money on repairs down the road. Following a basic car maintenance checklist can help keep you on the road and out of the repair shop. A little vehicular pampering can also help extend your fuel economy and put less of a burden on the environment. Take care of your car, and it will take care of you.